Larkbeare Granary access statement
The Granary is a purpose built, single storey timber frame self-catering property with two en-suite bedrooms; it is four star (Gold award), National Accessible Scheme level 1. We are a member of Green Tourism Business Scheme (Gold award), Devon Environmental Business Initiative (DEBI) and founder member of East Devon Excellence. If you have any specific questions please feel free to call us and we will endeavour to help. Please note that all measurements are approximate.
We accept up to two dogs at an additional cost. There will be other guests (in our B&B), so please keep your dog(s) on a lead when outside; this means keeping them on the lead when you first set out for your walk. Dogs are not allowed in the bedrooms or on the furniture and must not be left alone. When you bring a muddy dog back from a walk, please clean them off using the outside tap/shower and the dog towel provided. Please on no account use the towels provided for your own use.
Whimple station (Waterloo/Exeter line) is 1.5 miles away and Exeter International Airport is 8 miles. We are very happy to collect guests from the station and airport. We can recommend taxi companies, although we are not ideally suited to those travelling without a car. We send directions with your confirmation and they are also available on our website.
Our website is www.larkbearegranary.net which gives full details of the property – you can contact us via phone on 01404 822 069 (mobile 07761 008712) or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Most mobile phone networks work well and there is a phone which is connected to our B&B. Wi-fi is available in the property, free of charge. However, when connected to our broadband you have agreed not to use the premises’ broadband facilities for unlawful purposes. Due to our rural location, the system cannot cope with lots of downloading
Parking and arrival
There is a tarmac, tree-lined drive from the main road. Parking for two cars is adjacent to the property and one covered space is outside the front door. It is helpful to have an approximate time of arrival so we can be ready to welcome you – the property is ready for occupation at 4pm and check-out is by 10am. We will show you around and help with luggage.
Floors in the living area are oak and treated with natural oil; floors in the bathrooms are non-slip Altro. There is underfloor heating throughout with independent controls. All doors are 860mm wide. The main bedroom, bathroom, sitting room and kitchen are suitable for wheelchair users. All linen and towels are provided and the water is softened.
There is a gentle slope towards the property – there are no steps. The hall gives access to the sitting room and a door to the utility room and cloakroom. 13amp power socket.
The sitting room is 7m x 6m. There is an L shaped sofa which can convert to a small double (linen is provided). Dining room table which will seat up to eight people – pull out leaves allow for wheelchairs. There is a selection of games and playing cards. Overhead LEDs or wall lights provide excellent lighting. Large sliding glass doors with venetian blinds lead on to a veranda which overlooks the garden and pond. There is a bioethanol fire, Smart TV and telephone.
Fully fitted and open plan to the sitting room. It has plenty of work surfaces; side opening oven; built-in microwave/second oven; height adjustable induction hob; full size fridge/freezer; dishwasher; double sink; extractor fan; food processor; Nespresso machine. Good selection of utensils & equipment and place settings for eight people. An instruction manual, local information and maps are provided.
There are two bedrooms, both en suite. The rooms have:
- Double/twin beds (electrically adjustable in main bedroom)
- overhead LEDs and wall reading lights
- lined curtains on sliding glass doors and roller blinds on windows
- sliding glass doors lead onto veranda
- Egyptian cotton sheets with goose down duvets
- two feather and two foam pillows in each room
- as we have very high quality bedding we ask that babies and small children are kept off the beds and please do not let dogs into the bedrooms or onto the furniture
- space for a cot (which is in utility room)
- bedside table on each side (one with telephone)
- a minimum access of 1.3m on both sides of the bed in main room and 600mm in second room
- lights which can be operated from switches by the door and on either side of the bed
- built-in wardrobe with blankets, loose wooden & padded hangers, hairdryer and luggage rack
- Smart TVs
- double 13 amp sockets at desk height and either side of beds
- large heated mirror over basins
- full size baths with grab rails
- wet room in main bathroom (with fold down seat) and walk-in shower in second bathroom
- non-slip mats provided
- shaver points
- heated towel rails
- private drainage so please use the pedal bin for cardboard waste and wet wipes
- Utility room
- Separate washing machine and tumble dryer; sink; winch operated ‘dutch’ dryer; warm linen cupboard which also contains cot, iron & board, cleaning materials and vacuum cleaner.
- Nearest village shop is Talaton and local town is Ottery St Mary
- Leisure facilities
- We have a table tennis table and two ‘Specialized’ bicycles (subject to availability).
- Grounds and garden
- The garden is fully enclosed and has a large unfenced pond. There is a decked area (level from the property) with table & chairs and a large area of lawn with fruit trees. There is a charcoal BBQ. Although there is a children’s swing in our own garden for use by those 10 and under, it is for our B&B guests.
- Additional Information
- An induction loop system is not available
- The property is level throughout
- Beds can be made with sheets and blankets on request
- Mains voltage is 230v. Shaver point also has 115v socket
- There is a fire alarm with smoke detector and sounder in each room; CO alarm in sitting room. Procedure in the event of fire is in the utility room
- A fire extinguisher is in the hall and a fire blanket in the kitchen
- A fire risk assessment is available for inspection
- No candles please but we provide LED candles
- Please let us know of any special requirements at the time of booking
- We have an environmental policy to reduce our footprint as much as possible
- We are a non-smoking property
- Contact Information
- The Granary, Larkbeare Grange, Larkbeare, Talaton, Exeter, Devon EX5 2RY Email: email@example.com
- Grid reference: (Map 192) SY067976 By helicopter: N50° 46’ 10.91” W003° 19’ 25.38”
- Arrival from 4:00 in the afternoon; check out by 10:00 in the morning.
- Website: www.larkbearegranary.net
- Telephone: +44 (0) 1404 822 069 or +44 (0) 7761 008712
- Charlie and Julia Hutchings